Wednesday, March 30, 2011

16. Some comments on picture sharings on status updates and audience

Initially, I was only thinking about concentrating on the written status update, but my instructor encouraged me to also consider pictures, links and videos.

On Monday I asked the following question:

When you post a picture as part of your status update: What is the motivation behind it, and who do you immediatly think about that will read and enjoy the picture? (Who do you think is your immediate audience?)



Here are some answers I received:


  • 11) When I post pictures, it is primarily to show them to my nearest social network.. what I am doing, like baking caks, enjoying the sunshine in a park etc. and then I hope they will comment on it :-) 
    Monday at 10:48am · 


  •  Question for 11): Is your nearest social networker a certain cirkle of friends or a mixture of friends, colleagues, fellow students ect. ?
    Monday at 10:49am · 


  •  11)Yes it is a certain social network that is a mix between people from university, high school, orchestra etc. If I have to define them more specifically, it is people, that knows about my every day life and who I talk to regularly .. and about everything. But when that said, I share my mobile picture uploads with everyone I am friends with on Facebook, that is, everyone can comment on it, but it is primarily to the ones close to me I post it for:-)


    Monday at 11:06am · 

    • 12) The picture has to illustrate or supplement the status I am writing/creating. It is primarily directed to people who know the things that I am doing, or know the story behind it. It is like a follow up to that "story".



      Monday at 10:50am · 
    • Question for 12) What defines those people? Are they people you see offline, who already knew the story, or people who read your status updates and often comment on them? Or is it something else?


      Monday at 10:51am · 
    • 12) They are people, who know the story from offline activity - but also my friends on Facebook, who I know will read my status updates, and are possibly interested in a follow-up. 


      Monday at 10:55am · 
    • 12) But it can also be fun things, that doesnt include a real story from my life, but those pictures are usually directed to those I know will comment.

      Monday at 10:56am · 


      • 13) I see the text as part of the picture.. if I write anything at all. I usually upload and post on the go, so it is very "here-and-now" and directed to everybody as in "look where I am". To me, it is very much like checking in somewhere. (Like Foursquare or Facebook places.)


        Monday at 11:59am · 
      • Question for 13) Who do you think of when you post the picture? Do you have anybody in mind, when you post the picture even though you dont direct a dialogue to them?


        Monday at 12:01pm · 

        13) Naah I really don't thin I do. Otherwise I would tag them in the picture or mention them in the commentary section. And I have never done that......


        Monday at 12:52pm · 


        • 14) My immediate audience consists of my close, offline friends. Often it is a clearly defined group of people I indirectly write to: fellow students, my brother, high school friends etc. But often, I (almost) always know who will comment on my updates. (Possibly because I have a steady group of people, who I consequently share and exchanges likes and comments) :-D
          Monday at 12:13pm · 
        • Question for 14) But what comes first as an audience? Your close offline friends or those who interact with you online ... or are those the same people?
          Monday at 12:32pm · 

          14) Mostly it is the same people. But I think my status updates can be categorized, and from this I can tell who I expect to comment and like, and that will be my concept of immediate audience.


          Monday at 1:02pm · 

No comments:

Post a Comment