Wednesday, March 23, 2011

15. Today's comments


Yesterday I asked on Facebook:

Who do you think about, when you write your statusupdates, who do you have in mind? Your family, friends, church people, school 
mates?

These are the answers I received:

5) "Friends...close friends."

6) "hmmmm kind of no one and everyone at the same time. it is simply a social venting area for me. sometimes i just want to talk but there is no one around to talk to. so the internet gets my mental treasures."

7) "I seldom write status updates on FB - when I do, it is in fact more my own situation or context I write and think about rather than my audience"

8) "I mostly write for my own sake, random thoughts without thinking about an audience. Sometimes I will admit, that the status updates are directed to a certain circle of friends in a very esoteric way." Me: "Do you sometime write to a particular circle of friends one day, and then another day direct your status update to another circle of friends?" "Yes most definitely! Sometimes I direct my status updates to fellow students, other times friends with the same musical taste as mine".

9) "To me it is also different. If I write something about sign language, it is mostly directed to my fellow students because they know what I am talking about. If I write in English, it is directed to my friends abroad. When I put out music, it is unconsciencely mostly directed to those I know, take an interest in that kind of music."

10) "I dont write many updates, but when I do, It is mostly because I want something. Like if I have an IT problem, then I guess I mostly think about ITU students as my audience. If its apartment-seeking (and it has been the case a couple of times), then it is EVERYBODY. My imaginary audience is also effected by who is active on Facebook. I have a tendency to think about those who are active, and will get surprised, if somebody is not usually active suddenly comment on a status update". 


No comments:

Post a Comment